Education for Nature - Vietnam (ENV) is currently hiring for the position of Outpost (OP) Coordinator, based in Hanoi.
ENV has a network of thousands of volunteers who, together with ENV, take action to tackle wildlife crime across Vietnam. ENV volunteers are mainly tasked with reporting new wildlife crimes to ENV and helping ENV monitor establishments that have violated wildlife laws.
The Outpost Coordinator is responsible for managing the volunteer club network (Outposts), ensuring that they work effectively and contribute to positive changes in society. The OP Coordinator will work in the field on a regular basis to recruit and train volunteers, as well as working with volunteers to reduce consumer demand for wildlife products and encouraging public participation in combating wildlife crime.
ENV is looking for a highly passionate and enthusiastic young person to join our dynamic team and lead our volunteers in their mission to fight wildlife crime and reduce consumer demand for wildlife in Vietnam.
Interested candidates are invited to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org before Oct 30, 2022.
- Manage “ENV Outposts” in major cities nationwide, including recruitment and training of volunteers, and oversight of activities carried out by ENV volunteer clubs.
- Travel to the field as required to work with the public and volunteers.
- Ensure that all ENV public outreach and volunteer-led activities meet output requirements and conform to the quality and value expectations of ENV, including completion of monthly monitoring of business establishments, awareness events, surveys, and other activities carried out by clubs in support of wildlife protection.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator under ENV’s Wildlife Crime Unit to ensure an active and engaged Volunteer Network.
- Continue to develop new activities and methods for the Volunteer Network to work towards ENV’s wider goals of reducing consumption of wildlife and fighting wildlife crime in Vietnam.
- Coordinate special demand reduction events or campaigns; assist event managers to supervise the process and monitor event timelines/task lists to ensure deadlines are met and the quality of events/campaigns remain high.
- Keep the Volunteer Network informed on relevant news and updates via Facebook and Google groups.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting, in English, to management and donors on program activities.
Skills and Requirements:
- Vietnamese citizen with university degree (social work background is preferred).
- Language skills: Excellent verbal and written Vietnamese, strong verbal and written English
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills and a love for working with people.
- Excellent management and teamwork skills, including time management and planning.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and pay attention to detail.
- Personable and friendly but also highly professional and confident.
- Results-oriented with a strong ability to “think outside of the box.”
- Ability to think critically and develop new ideas.
- Willing to travel within Vietnam.